- What does this policy cover?
- Your rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the UK’s data protection legislation, which this policy and Hillview Group’s use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Hillview Group’s collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data Hillview Group holds about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data it holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Hillview Group using the details below);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Hillview Group to delete any personal data it holds about you (it only holds your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like it to delete it sooner, please contact Hillview Group using the details below);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Hillview Group using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Hillview Group’s use of your personal data, please contact the company using the details provided in section 12 and it will do its best to solve the problem for you. If it is unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What data does Hillview Group collect?
Depending upon your use of Hillview Group’s site, we may collect some or all of the following personal (and non-personal) data:
- business/company name
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this site, and the site you exit to
- How does Hillview Group use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Hillview Group will comply with its obligations and safeguard your rights under the UK’s data protection legislation at all times. For more details on security see below.Hillview Group’s use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for its performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to its use of your personal data, or because it is in Hillview Group’s legitimate interests. Specifically, Hillview Group may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to the site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on the site
- Replying to emails or queries from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any emails Hillview Group sends you
- Analysing your use of the site [and gathering feedback] to enable Hillview Group to continually improve its site and your user experience
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, Hillview Group may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on its services. It will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it fully protects your rights and complies with its obligations under the UK’s data protection legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Hillview Group using your personal data at any time, and to request that Hillview Group deletes it.
Hillview Group does not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- IP Address, geographical and non-personally identifiable data is stored for a maximum of 2 years.
- How and where does Hillview Group store your data?
Hillview Group keeps your personal data for as long as it needs to in order to use it as described above, and for as long as it has your permission to keep it.Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using the site and submitting information to Hillview Group. If it does store data outside the EEA, it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.Data security is very important to Hillview Group, and to protect your data it has taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through this site.All non-personally identifiable data is stored with Google and is collected in cookies outlined below.All personal data is collected and stored by MailChimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC), that provides mailing services to Hillview Group so that it can send email communications to you. MailChimp’s servers are located in the United States and in other countries outside the EEA. Mailchimp provides high levels of data protection outlined here: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/.
- Does Hillview Group share your data?
Hillview Group will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes other than outlined in Section 5.It may compile statistics about the use of its site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. It may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates and partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.Hillview Group may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where it transfers any personal data outside the EEA, it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the UK’s data protection legislation.
- What happens if the business changes hands?
- How can you control your data?
You may wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Your right to withhold information
- How can you access your data?
Under the UK’s data protection legislation, no fee is payable and Hillview Group will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Hillview Group for more details at email@example.com or using the contact details below.
- Contacting Hillview Group